If you missed the style segment this morning on The Daily Dish, here are the deal shopping tips that Jen offered the viewers!
Survival Tips for the Deal Hunter
Many women know how to buy but do not know how to shop, the smart way! The
following tips will help you save money and help you to create your own style. As
a stylist, this is my job and it becomes a art form. I’m going to share some stylist
tips and secrets to help you get ready for this up and coming shopping season
that will save you some money.
1. It’s all about the hunt. You have to be willing to search for a deal!
2. You have to go frequently.
3. Ask your favorite spots when they will have mark downs.
4. Certain stores will call you when they get shipments or they do huge
markdowns sign up on their list or ask if they have a list of dates they will be
getting new shipments.
5. Stick with brands you know, this way you are still getting a quality made items.
6. Don’t be afraid of TJ Maxx, Ross, and Downeast type stores. Finding good
deals take time to search and these stores make it easy for you to find a deal.
7. Online deal websites will always have a deal so research these deals all the
time, saving takes research and internet is the best way to look for deals on
local bloggers, hauteLook, and many more.
8. It is Murphy ’s Law that you often find things when you are not looking for
them, so shop out of your comfort zone and keep your eyes open everywhere,
all the time. Pop into some interesting stores that you would normally give a
miss to, or try browsing in one of the many markets or thrift stores for vintage
pieces. Avoid getting stuck in a style rut by being adventurous in being open-
minded about what might suit you.
9. Know your community and help support your local small businesses they will always
send you coupons and details for being loyal customer and often have a refer a
friend deal where you can save tons on clothes and more buy taking a friend.
So think out of the box this shopping season and remember to always bring snacks in
your purse because shopping is such a big job that can make you super tired. And if you
are not eating some sugar or carbs for energy, your shopping choices can be cloudy and
you can end up buying items you don’t like or will have to take back!